Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Race car driver!

A little over a week ago we went to Guntersville to celebrate my sweet nieces fourth birthday. We haven't been to see my Zack and Cherith in awhile so we were excited to get to go see them. We went on Thursday because on Friday the guys headed to Atlanta to Atlanta Motor Speedway. Todd has always wanted to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience so guess what he got for Father's day?! Zack got a really good deal through his work so I knew he had to do it. They had a great time! My brother who has never been into NASCAR says he will now be a fan. They got to do a ride along for three laps around the track with another driver and then they got to DRIVE a race car...yes...just them...in a race car. Scary! They did have a lead driver in front of them that told them when to speed up and slow down. Todd said the hardest part was figuring out how to drive a stick shift! It had been years since he had so he was a little worried about that. I don't have many pictures of their adventure. I had planned on going with them so I could be the photographer but I ended up staying in Guntersville with Hudson. Todd took a few pictures with his phone and he did get a plaque with some pictures of him in the race car. He also got a DVD of his experience. It came in the mail yesterday and we watched it last night. I don't think he stopped smiling the whole time he was there. I am so glad that he had a chance to do this and I know he will remember it forever!


Todd's view from the track

No comments: