Monday, July 11, 2011

16 1/2 weeks

I can't believe I am almost 17 weeks pregnant!

I didn't do this when I was pregnant with Hudson but I wanted to try to keep up with my pregnancy journey this time. There is so much that I don't remember about my first pregnancy and this pregnancy has been a little different then the first one so I want to document every detail. I hope I can keep this up and at least do an update every couple weeks. We will see!

Here I am at 15 weeks:

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks and 4 days
Size of baby: 5 ounces (about the size of a turnip) 5 inches long
Weight gain: 3 pounds at my last appointment. I forgot to ask today. I'm sure I really don't want to know!
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing some maternity and some regular clothes
Gender: We know but aren't sharing yet:) We are calling the baby "Elf" for now but we are pretty sure we have a name picked out. I can't wait to share it with all of you!
Movement: I feel a few flutters every now and then. It feels like popcorn popping in my belly. I can't wait until I can feel "Elf" all the time!
Sleep: Sleep is still ok! I wake up a few times at night to pee but can usually go right back to sleep. I just wish Hudson would let me sleep a little later in the mornings.
Symptoms: Last week, I had a lot of fatigue but still feeling pretty good. Mornings and most days are good, just uncomfortable at times. I have had lots of heartburn so I have been keeping Tums by the bed just in case. I have had a major headache all day but it is starting to go away.
Cravings/Aversions: For some reason I have not been a huge fan of Mexican this pregnancy. Just the thought of it made me sick! It is getting better but I have to be in the mood for it to even consider eating it. I have craved "southern food" like corn bread, corn on the cob, fried okra and hash brown casserole. I have also ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the last couple weeks.

I can't believe my baby will be three by the time "Elf" gets here!
They grow up so fast. I am trying to soak up every second!

No comments: