Thursday, December 9, 2010

You Are God Alone

The past few weeks have been some of the hardest days we have ever faced. I know that our faith in God has grown stronger. Our marriage has grown in a way that I never thought was possible. We have realized that everything comes from God. We would have nothing if it weren't for Him. The Sunday that Grandmother passed away...and we had just found out we were pregnant. We sang this song in church...

You are not a God
Created by human hands
You are not a god
Dependant on any mortal man
You are not a god
In need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that’s just the way it is

CHORUS
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
Your are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

You’re the only God
Whose power none can contend
You’re the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You’re the only God
Who’s worthy of everything we can give
You are God
And that’s just the way it is

I cried all the way through it. The words are so powerful. This song really hit home to me that day. We have sang this at church in the weeks since her death and our miscarriage (a word I am still not comfortable with using) and it still gets to me.

God is with us...in the good times and the bad times. He will continue to provide for us. He will get us through this.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

All I have is tears.

God IS good, even when it's hard to see His will.

Thanks for sharing that song. Many people can use this reassurance.

Brittany said...

It is one of my favorites that we sing at Skyline! I may not can carry a tune but I love singing praises to my Lord! It is so healing to me. Miss you!

smoseley said...

Love you guys!