Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hudson's surgery

In March, we went for Hudson's eye check-up in Memphis. You may remember my post about his new glasses that we were hoping would correct the crossing in his right eye. When we went for his check-up, Dr. H had not seen any improvements and felt that the glasses were actually causing him more problems. He decided that surgery was our best option . We spent about an hour discussing all the possibilities with him and we went ahead and scheduled Hudson's surgery for May 5th.

I actually took this all pretty well. I knew that at some point I was going to "loose it". I just wasn't sure when that might be. I was doing great until the morning of his surgery arrived. Todd, my mom and I got to LeBonheur East in Memphis around 7:30 that morning. We waited and then they called us into one room only to move us into another room. Just when I would think it was time, then it wasn't. When surgery time finally came, Hudson was a champ. He picked out a toy in the bunny room. He chose a cute little monkey. He went with the nurse without any problems. I on the other hand....lost it. I couldn't help but worry about my baby. I just wanted everything to go ok. I got myself together and made my way back to the waiting room. The surgery lasted about an hour. Dr. H came and told us everything went great and we would be called back to see Hudson any minute. I was so thankful when I finally got to see my sweet boy. He was resting in the arms of a sweet nurse. She was wonderful with him and I felt so much better when I finally saw him.

We went back for Hudson's follow-up a week later and the doctor was very impressed with the results from surgery. He made me feel so much better and was very confident the surgery was successful. We will go back for another check-up in August.

Playing before surgery. He had no clue what was about to happen.

Hudson getting some pre-op work done.

Holding my sweet boy after surgery. He was so pitiful.

One of the first things he said after surgery was "yum" when he got his Popsicle! He loved it!

Holding his monkey and paci's. He was so ready to go home!

1 comment:

brooke said...

IM so glad it was successful! I cannot imagine how emotional that would be!