Saturday, February 5, 2011

What do I feed my kid?

Today I thought I would join Kelly over at Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life Friday which is "What Do You Feed Your Kids?" this week. I LOVE her blog and I love when she does this every week. So I thought I would join in on the fun this week!

The real question is "What Will My Child Eat?"

He is a very picky eater and I really struggle with trying to find new things for him to eat. He refuses to eat vegetables...doesn't even want them on his plate! Here are some of the foods he will eat:

Breakfast foods:
Biscuits (with jelly or gravy)
Pancakes
Sausage Balls
Cereal Bars
Pop Tarts

Lunch/Dinner:
Bologna
Cheese
Pizza
Quesadilla's
Meatballs
Chicken

Fruits:
He LOVES fruits!
Blueberries!
Grapes
Bananas
Applesauce...does that count?!
Kiwi...Thank you Mimi for introducing this at Christmas:)
Strawberries

Snacks:
Goldfish
Teddy Grahams..I buy the bunnies too..they are whole grain
Raisins
Fruit Snacks
Yougart

He does love drinking milk and juice so I try to buy the "healthy" juice so that he is getting some fruits and veggies that way.
He also loves anything sweet!
He loves to get an ice cream sandwich when we go to Nana and Papa's!
I am hoping we will grow out of our picky stage but I don't want to force him to eat things he doesn't want because I know he will just end up not liking them even more.
I am open to suggestions on what you feed your picky eaters.

1 comment:

Cerys said...

I so feel for you in the picky eater stage! We're there too! I find my little girl likes to eat things from the packet so everything is individually wrapped. Definitely not the most economical way to do things but I'll take it. It seems all these tots have the same favorite food lists!