Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mexican Chicken Ring

I got a new recipe for a Mexican Chicken ring off of http://jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com
I have never made a Chicken ring so I was a little nervous about my first attempt. We ended up having my parents over for my mom's birthday so I decided to try out the new recipe! It was delicious! I even managed to make it look like a "ring" instead just a blob! Here is a picture of my masterpiece!


Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 cooked & shredded chicken breasts
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese plus some for sprinkling on top
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
(I just used 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese blend instead of the grated cheese)
¾ can of Rotel & all of the juice
3/4 cup light sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 rolls of regular sized crescent rolls
1 lime (juice)
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips plus some for sprinkling on top

Combine chicken, Rotel, tortilla chips, sour cream, taco mix, cheese and 2T of lime juice.
Unroll and separate crescent dough. Arrange triangles on a baking sheet making a circle with wide ends overlapping in the center and points toward outside. Spread chicken mixture evenly into the center of the ring.
Fold the points of the crescents in and over. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and tortilla strips and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

What is your favorite chicken ring recipe?

No comments: